Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Enlightened Perspective

(Zachariyah either looks enlightened or confused!!)


Over the years I have collected poems, short stories and tid bits here and there! One of my favorites is something titled "Enlightened Perspective" which was written by Andy Rooney!


*I've learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of and elderly person.
*I've learned that when you're in love, it shows.
*I've learned that just one person saying to me "you've made my day, makes my day.

*I've learned that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

*I've learned that being kind is more important than being right. *I've that you should never say no to a gift from a child.
*I've learned that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help them in some other way.

*I've learned that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

*I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
*I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.
*I've learned that we should be glad the God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

*I've learned that money doesn't buy class.

*I've learned that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
*I've learned that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
*I've learned that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
*I've learned that to ignore the facts, does not change the facts.

*I've learned that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
*I've learned that love, not time, heals all wounds.
*I've learned that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people who are smarter than I am.
*I've learned that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

*I've learned that life is tough, but I'm tougher.
*I've learned that opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.
*I've learned that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
*I've learned that one should keep his words both soft and tender because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
*I've learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

*I've learned that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it. *I've learned that everyone wants to live at the top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
*I've learned that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances, when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.

*I've learned that the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.